Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Quarter Two Reflections

     My favorite book that I read this quarter was Of Mice and Men. This was my favorite book that I read this quarter because friendship was shown dramatically throughout the book. I liked seeing how dedicated George and Lennie were to each other. I also feel like it teaches people a good life lesson on friendship.

     Since the new year I have been reading more. I typically don’t really like to read, but I have found a interest in my book so I have been more motivated to read. I am reading Anne Frank the Diary of a Young Girl it is about what her and her family’s life was like during WWII. I haven’t finished reading yet, but I am excited to continue reading.

     My biggest improvement from quarter two was my essay, because I have previously written essays but with not as many body paragraphs. I really liked the way my essay came out, and I think it flowed really well.
   
     Some strategy that benefited me was having friends to help motivate me to finish. I have also been focusing and paying attention more. Another strategy that I have used is just being motivated by the work. Recently we read short articles about different topics and I really enjoyed reading those. It made me more motivated to keep reading them.

Comments: Leilanie’s BlogStephanie’s Blog, Delilah’s Blog

2 comments:

  1. Alexis, I would of never thought of the idea of having friends help motivate you. I will definitely be using that in the future. It’s great that you have been reading more and I similarly have been trying to read more. I really enjoyed reading this blog and can’t wait to read more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, I can relate to you last paragraph so much. I also had lots of motivation from my friends this quarter. I really liked your paragraph, the mini articles we do in class are enjoyable I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

Genocide Presentations

     I think that the most important thing that I learned during this project was that these events happened. Most of the genocides that we...